If you have an interest in aviation or in becoming a pilot, there is no time like the present!
We hear the following statements all the time:
"Flight Schools have been forecasting a 'pilot shortage' for 30+ years!"...
"Is there really a shortage?"...
"I know a guy who has applied all over and cannot get a job anywhere!"...
"Clearly it's the same old scam, right?!"
ANSWER — there is
a Massive Pilot Shortage – today, tomorrow, and for years to come!
The first step in understanding the Pilot Shortage is to look at the factors that have created it:
- High Levels of Retirements (pilots turning 65) in Europe, USA, Canada, Australia/NZ…
- Global Aviation Growth alongside economic growth in India, Africa, USA, Asia Pacific, NZ, USA, etc.
- Airplane Technologies (B787, A350) enabling flights between cities never before connected
- Massive Growth of the Gulf Airlines and Turkish Airlines
- New long-range VIP Jets allowing the ultra-rich to cross oceans without a fuel stop
- Massive expansion of Low Cost / Ultra-Low Cost Airlines across the globe
- Very low salaries at the Regionals causing years of low intake levels
- Low Oil Prices increasing airline profits - enabling short-term growth demand
- Introduction of fuel-efficient Regional Turboprops allowing services to smaller towns
- The growth of seaplane infrastructure and efficiencies for popular coastal communities.
PCC is a group of pilots who share a passion for aviation. We have spent 20+ years flying across the globe
and have never seen anything like this shortage. As Airline Captains, we want to pass on what we are seeing
/ experiencing. See the Latest News and PCC Blogs below – our aim here is to inform you and to help you to
best position yourself for an amazing career in the sky.